Integrated Detailed Engineering
Detailed Engineering is the Forte of L&T-Chiyoda Limited. Detailed design and engineering is the bridge
which is instrumental in transforming the blue print of a particular plant (viz. basic engineering
documents) into a real Plant in operation. Detailed Engineering involves extensive involvement and
interaction of all technical disciplines such as Process, Piping, Civil/ Structural, Mechanical, Electrical
and Instrumentation Depts. Few salient features of Detailed Engineering carried out by LTC are as under
- FEED Verification
- P&IDs, Plot Plan, Equipment Layouts
- Various engineering and safety/ HSE studies such as HAZOP, SIL, SAFOP, RAM study, etc
- 3D Modelling using PDS/ PDMS/ SP-3D Platform
- 3D Model reviews at 30%, 60% 90% progress
- Complex Engineering analysis such as stress analysis, structural analysis, composite analysis, etc
- Piping Isometrics & Plant GA Drawings
- Blast resistant Resilient Substation/Control Room design
- Foundations of equipment, structures
- Modular engineering for Pre-Assembled Units (PAU), Pre-Assembled Racks (PAR), Structures
- Instrumentation Engineering using Smart Plant- INTools, Control Systems Engineering, Telecommunication
- Electrical Engineering using ETAP, Smart Plant-Electrical
- Electrical system studies viz Load flow study, Short circuit study, Relay setting and Coordination
- Engineering of mechanical equipment and packages
LTC executes detailed engineering with a holistic approach of ensuring constructability, operability,
maintainability and overall safety of the Plant.
Procurement services are a significant aspect of detailed engineering contributing to successful execution
of a Project. LTC renders following procurement services to its Clients:
- Preparation of Material Requisitions: For equipment, rotating machineries, mechanical packages, Piping
items, civil and structural quantities, instruments and Control systems, Fire-fighting, Electrical
equipment and all other bulk items.
- Technical Evaluation: Offers received from Vendors are evaluated for ensuring compliance to all
technical requirements. Typical activities involve seeking clarifications on Vendor offers, preparation
of compliance sheets and holistic evaluation to ensure compliance to all technical and safety related
- Post-order Vendor Print Review- Subsequent to placement of order, vendor documents are reviewed by our
technical disciplines and engineering schedule of the vendors is closely monitored and controlled by our
able Project Management Team.
- Tender preparation Activities: LTC can also provide tender preparation services for PMC tenders, EPC
Tenders, Construction Tenders etc.
3D Plant Modelling
LTC was one of the 1st Engineering Companies in India to adopt 3D Modelling as a tool to ensure error-free
engineering and clash-free erection at site. LTC is also one of the very few companies to have carried out
3D modelling on all the three available platforms- PDS, PDMS and SP3D.
Some of the prominent features of LTC in 3D Modeling are
- LTC ability to independently carry out the 3D project set up and database customization for all the
three software environments.
- LTC 's experience of 3D modelling on Global / Satellite work share and database share concept thus,
enabling 3D model files/ database to be shared with clients/ consortium partners on real time basis.
- All requisite IT set-up including latest state of the art servers, workstations, networking and
communication facilities, enabling online model review and data sharing with client.
- Extensive 3D modelling of all tagged items and piping up to ½" size including underground piping,
physical pipe support modelling, in-line instruments modelling etc
- Extraction of major deliverables such as Plot Plan, Isometric drawings, MTOs from 3D Model
LTC Engineers provide field engineering assistance to its Clients at site. All site related queries are
addressed in a proactive manner. Special site-query module has been created to address such queries and
ensure un-interrupted progress at site. Our Engineers are sent to site on call basis to clarify all
engineering related concerns and provide technical support to the site team.
During the design / engineering stage itself, LTC's Engineers review the designs, operating & safety
interlocks and also take part in HAZOP and other plant related safety studies in order to ensure smooth
commissioning of the plant. Further adequate care is taken while preparing operating manuals to ensure
smooth and efficient start-up operation and stabilization of the plant.