We are committed to deliver world class engineering and project management services,
exceed customer expectations, create value to all stakeholders and sustainable development by
implementation as well as continual improvement to ensure:
- Compliance to legal and other requirements
- Social responsibility & ethical behavior
- Collaborative, healthy & safe work environment
- Environment protection through resource conservation & prevention of pollution
- Engaged & empowered people
- Risk based thinking & process approach
- Efficient & effective processes
- Benchmarking with global practices
- Cost optimization & value engineering
- Long term relationship with stakeholders
- Timely update of skills & technology
We shall conduct periodic review of policy, objectives, targets & systems for
suitability & effectiveness.
Apr 09, 2019
- L&T Chiyoda (Company / LTC) has developed a Policy comprising the philosophy to define its
responsibility as a corporate citizen and lays down the principles and mechanisms for undertaking
various programs in accordance with section 135 of the Companies Act 2013 for the community at large,
is titled as the ‘LTC CSR Policy’.
- The Policy shall apply to all the CSR programmes and activities undertaken by the Company at various
locations for the benefit of diverse sections of the society.
Validity of CSR Policy
On the recommendation by CSR Committee of the Board, the Board of Directors may amend the
CSR policy from time to time.
CSR Program Areas & Objectives
The Company will primarily focus on the following programs as part of its CSR. Details of the proposed
CSR Projects for the year are provided in Annexure‐A.
- Healthcare & Sanitation
- Contribution to Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund, and other funds approved under CSR
- Education & Rural Development
- The Board of Directors shall ensure that in each financial year, the Company spends at
least 2% of the average net profit made during the three preceding financial years.
- The Company may collaborate or pool resources with other organizations to undertake
- In case of any surplus arising out of CSR projects the same shall not form part of
business profits of the Company
- CSR program will be undertaken by the Company in areas selected for interventions.
The Company may choose to undertake need assessments as and when they deem it required.
- The time period/duration over which a particular program will be spread, will depend
on its nature, extent of coverage and the intended impact of the program. However,
looking at the size of the organization and the funds available, it is advised that the
Company should look for projects which can be completed in the short duration.
- The Company may enter into partnerships with the government, business partners and
communities to create multiplier effect of its social projects.
- The mode of implementation of CSR programs will include a combination of direct
implementation and partners such as NGOs, business partners, registered
societies etc. The Company will select its partners after appropriate due diligence.
- The Company may use the services of internal teams, expert agencies, consultancy
firms etc. wherever required for carrying out base line surveys, guidance on project
design and implementation, impact assessment surveys etc.
- The teams responsible for implementing the various CSR projects are mentioned in the
section on the Governance Structure of the Policy.
CSR Governance Structure
Role and responsibilities
The Board of Directors of the Company will be responsible for:
- The approval of the CSR Policy of the Company
- Disclosing the content of the Policy in its report and place the Policy on the Company’s website
in such a manner as prescribed under Section 135 of the Companies Act 2013 read with the CSR Rules
- Ensuring that the social projects included in the Policy are undertaken by the Company
- Ensuring that the Company gives preference to the local areas around its operations for spending
the amount earmarked for CSR projects
- ensuring that it specifies the reasons in its report for not spending the earmarked amount in case
the Company fails to spend such amount
- Composition of the CSR committee : The composition of the CSR Committee of the
Board is as under:
||S. D. Navare
- Responsibility of the CSR Committee
- Formulate and recommend the CSR Policy to the Board for approval.
- Monitor the Policy from time to time.
- Recommend the amount of expenditure to be incurred on CSR projects.
- Constitute a transparent monitoring mechanism for ensuring implementation of the CSR projects
Unit level CSR Committee of Management
Responsibility of the Committee
- The team shall seek guidance from the CSR Committee regarding policy, budget and implementation
- Spread awareness regarding the approved CSR policy and place it on the Company’s website
- Prioritize the projects in line with thrust areas and overall CSR plan for the year.
- Recommend projects to be undertaken during the financial year to the CSR Committee
- Recommend targets and timelines for implementation of developmental initiatives.
- Apprise project performance periodically to the CSR Committee.
- Facilitate effective implementation of CSR plan.
- Allocate appropriate resources to achieve desired performance in alignment with CSR targets and
Monitoring and Reporting Framework
The Company will institute a well‐defined monitoring and evaluation mechanism to ensure that each CSR
- Clear objectives developed out of the societal needs that may be determined through baselines
studies and secondary research.
- Clear targets, time lines and measureable parameters wherever possible.
- A progress monitoring and reporting framework that is aligned with the requirements of the section
135 of the Companies Act and the CSR Rules
The CSR progress monitoring authorities and the frequency of review is given below.
||CSR Progress Review and Monitoring Authority
||Frequency of review
||Board of Directors
||CSR Committee of Board
||Unit level CSR Management Committee
The Company will establish an accounting system to ensure project wise accounting of CSR spends.
The CSR Management Committee will monitor progress on CSR projects and CSR spend and report to the CSR
The Company will report CSR performance in its annual report as per the structure and format prescribed
in the notified CSR Rules.
| Sr. No.
||CSR Project or activity identified
||Thematic areas which the project covers
||Fight against COVID -19 disease
||Contribution to any such funds as are allowed under CSR regulations, set up for fight against COVID 19 and/ or to use the CSR funds to undertake any activity (ies) whether directly or indirectly against the spread of this disease.
||Caring for the education and health of under-privileged section of the society
||Other relevant project(s) towards education and/ or health
Quality Assurance aspects are accorded high priority in project execution at LTC. To ensure smooth
execution and complete satisfaction of client, LTC has established various system procedures as well as
project specific procedures to meet the project requirements.
LTC is certified for following management systems
LTC has integrated Quality, Environment and OH&S Management Systems in the form of IMS (Integrated